Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mother Nature




My submission for the shu uemura Beauty Makeup Art Competion 2009. The theme was Mother Nature, so I took the sky and the sea as my inspiration and just let my creativity flow over my model's face.


Top 8 of the local finals! This was from The Straits Times Urban, 2nd Oct 2009. The competition was held in Vivo City on 22nd Oct, where we had 20 mins on stage to recreate our look for the judges.

I remember being so nervous on stage that I kept missing the eyelash as I applied eyelash glue, but thanks to all the love and support from everyone, and my beautiful model Fernanda, it all went smoothly and I was the First Runner Up. The next leg of the competition was in KL, where competition winners from Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia compete for the title of Grand Prize Winner.





I won the competition in Kl!!! It's been such a wonderful experience and it gives me so much more motivation to do makeup fulltime now. Watch out for my look on the cover of Urban this Friday (6th Nov), and stay tuned for more pictures and makeup tutorials on the blog.

No comments: